Jeremiah was born and raised in Ocala, Florida, and is a sixth-generation Floridian. Public service is important to his family with his father, uncle, and all four brothers having served as combat veterans in the Armed Forces.
He is a graduate of the University of Florida, where he obtained a degree in History. While attending college, he participated in the Army ROTC program, commissioning as a Second Lieutenant upon graduation.
As a veteran, Jeremiah served as an Army officer for over 13 years, both on active duty and in the reserves. A veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, Jeremiah commanded a Military Police company. In addition to his Army service, Jeremiah served as a Judge Advocate General officer in the Air Force Reserve in the position of Staff Judge Advocate for Homestead Air Reserve Base, Florida. He continues his military service in the Florida Army National Guard as a Judge Advocate General officer with the rank of Major.
As a decorated combat veteran, some major awards Jeremiah has received include: Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal with two oak leaf devices, Air Force Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Air Force Achievement Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Medal, Armed Forces Service Medal, Iraqi Campaign Medal, and the Combat Action Badge.
Jeremiah attended law school in Jacksonville, Florida, and graduated from the Florida Coastal School of Law. After passing the Florida Bar, Jeremiah continued his legal studies at the University of Miami School of Law in Coral Gables, earning a Master of Law in Real Property Development.
In addition to a law degree, Jeremiah has a graduate degree in Business Entrepreneurship from the University of Florida and a graduate degree in Military History from Norwich University in Vermont.
Before transitioning into private practice, Jeremiah served as a state prosecutor in Jacksonville, Florida, and later in the Seventh Judicial Circuit. Today, as a partner in Douglas Law Firm, Jeremiah concentrates on assisting small businesses and veterans.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Litigation
- Real Estate and Land Use
- University of Florida Warrington College of Business, Gainesville, Florida
- S.E. in Entrepreneurship - 2017
- University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida
- L.M. in Land Use & Development - 2015
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida
- D. – 2012
- Norwich University, Northfield, Vermont
- A. in Military History summa cum laude – 2005
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- A. with a Major in History - 2003
Honors and Awards
- The United States Air Force Judge Advocate Lowry Award for Leadership
- Florida Super Lawyers Magazine as a “Rising Star”
- Augustine Record 40 Under 40, Young Local Government Official Award
- Ocala Magazine 40 Under 40
- Augustine Inns of Court
- Johns County Bar Association
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- American Legion
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Military Officer Association of America
- Knights of Columbus
- Veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Service in the United States Army, 2002 – 2013
- Air Force Officer, 2014-2019
- Florida Army National Guard Officer, 2019-Present